Skip to main content

The Policy on Qualifications of Course Instructors requires faculty members to provide official transcripts showing all graduate course credits and degrees. Transcripts are required for all faculty that will be Instructor of Record regardless of faculty employment type.

Many colleges and universities participate in records clearinghouses, which provide a convenient process for ordering an official transcript. Verification of education credentials must be completed within ninety (90) calendar days of the initial date of employment.

U.S. Degrees

If you obtained your degree from an accredited U.S. educational institution, you may order your transcript by contacting the institution’s Registrar office or using one of the following third-party services.

You can find a list of the participating institutions and instructions for ordering a transcript on each of the following third-party service websites:

International Degrees

If you obtained your degree from an international university, you must have your academic degree validated as being equivalent to a Baccalaureate, Master’s, or Doctoral degree conferred by a regionally accredited college or university in the United States.

The evaluation must be completed by a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or Association of International Credential Evaluators, Inc. accredited agency that performs credential evaluation services. Credential evaluation services vary in cost depending on the complexity of the analysis and the amount of documentation available and are paid by the faculty member. UNC Chapel Hill does not endorse any one service or agency.

The lists of accredited credential evaluation service agencies can be found in the Background Check Policy Supplemental Procedures.